A “Cookie” is a small file that is stored on the user’s computer and allows us to recognize the user. Cookies help us to improve the quality of our website by enabling us to monitor which pages our users find useful and which they do not.
Cookies are essential to the functioning of the Internet, providing countless advantages in the provision of interactive services and facilitating the navigation and usability of our website. Please note that cookies cannot damage your computer and that, in return, the fact that they are enabled helps us to identify and resolve errors.
The information provided below will help you understand the different types of cookies:
- Session cookies: These are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the website, so none of them remain registered on the user’s hard drive. The information obtained through these cookies is used to analyze traffic patterns on the website. In the long run, this allows us to provide a better experience to improve the content and facilitates its use.
- Permanent cookies: These are stored on your hard drive and are read by our website each time you make a new visit. A permanent website has a specific expiry date. The cookie will stop working after that date. We distinguish:
- Strictly necessary cookies. For example, those that serve for proper navigation or cookies that serve to ensure that the content of the website loads efficiently.
- Third-party cookies. Such as those used by social networks or external content plugins.
- Analytical cookies for periodic maintenance purposes and in order to ensure the best possible service to the user. Websites normally make use of “analytical” cookies to collect statistical data on activity.